Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ahhhh Beautiful Las Vegas, California!

While living abroad, James and I have encountered some truly entertaining, hilarious and unique individuals. Some stories have touched my heart, and others have just made me laugh. This story is of the latter category. My favorite encounter to date involves a conversation with a taxi driver. It went a little something like this:

Taxi Driver: G'day Pet! Whereye off ta?

Me: Downtown please! 

Taxi Driver: Ohh ye dun have a Geordie accent! Whereye frooom?

Me: I'm from the United States, California to be specific! 

Taxi Driver: Ahhhh well I always wannata go there. Beautiful Las Vegas, California!! 

Me: (struggling not to giggle) Well... it's kinda close, but Las Vegas is in Nevada. 

Taxi Driver: Oh, Whereye say yer from? 

Me: California. Just south of Los Angeles, a place called Orange County. 

Taxi Driver: Oh yeah, The Golden Gate Bridge!!!! 

Me: (seriously trying to contain the giggles) Well… that is in California, but pretty far north of where I am from. 

Taxi Driver: Ohh, so ye live by Katie Perry? 

Me: (what!?!?!) Yes… Sure? 

Taxi Driver: I like 'er. She's a bonnie darlin' an I like 'er music!

Me: (OMG I am dying) Me too!! 

After this exchange we arrived downtown. Although it was a brief encounter, it is definitely a blog worthy story! I love the Geordies, they make everything OK in the UK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment